AVAILABLE AT NASA HEADQUARTERS
Date: Thursday, April 4, 2013
Time: 9:30 a.m.-3:30 p.m.
Location: 300 E Street, S.W In Front of HQ Building
The George Washington University Mammovan will be at NASA Headquarters on Thursday, Sept. 6, 2012. Eligible NASA Headquarters civil service employees must call (800) 271-0675 Ext. 3378 to schedule an appointment. When calling to schedule the appointment, be prepared to provide the name and telephone number of your primary care physician (gynecologist or general family physician) who is willing to accept your mammogram results. The GW Mammovan staff will contact your physician to verify before confirming your appointment. The request for a personal care physician is to ensure continuity of your care.
You can contact your health insurance carrier (or check its website) for a list of physicians in your area, if you do not have a gynecologist or general family physician. Note that if you are a new patient, most physicians may require you to make a first visit before accepting your mammogram results.
The Mammovan will be cancelled unless at least 15 appointments are scheduled by March 29, 2013.
You are eligible if:
- You are 40 years or older. Women under 40 are eligible with a physician’s referral if they have a high risk of developing breast cancer or have a family history (mother, father, brother or sister) of breast cancer. The George Washington University Mobile Mammography Program prohibits more than one screening mammography for women between the ages of 35-39 and requires a full twelve months between annual mammograms for women 40 and over.
- You do not have a personal history of breast cancer.
- You do not have any breast symptoms such as a lump in either breast or unusual breast pain or nipple discharge.
- You do not have breast implants.
- You have not given birth or breast fed within the last 6 months
CALL (800) 217-0675 Ext. 3378 to schedule an appointment.
Contact: Dellaoise Saunders, RN or Gail Grant, RN
Health Unit, 358-2600 for questions.